• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Contessa $2.99 Bookbub Promo

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Might be good to add a link, so here you go. I'll get around to reading your works some day, but my backlog for books is a bit too extensive to afford adding more to it for the time being.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Link! Genius! It's a crazy day, been managing ads all over the place and dealing with real life, LMOA.

Might be good to add a link, so here you go. I'll get around to reading your works some day, but my backlog for books is a bit too extensive to afford adding more to it for the time being.

Reactions: Ban

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Hit my minimum expectations: 50 sales and counting. Not terrible, though not nearly as fun as the Featured Deal ringing up hundreds of sales, heh heh. From what I've heard, people have gotten pretty good Kindle Unlimited downloads from these promos as well. #2 New Release in a category after just the first ranking hop, which could have been yesterday's sales as slow they update.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Doing way better than me. Thus far, my Books Butterfly promo of 'Empire: Country' has resulted in just two sales. I figure it might hit twelve or fifteen if I'm lucky,

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Any Bookbub promo is good, although the Featured Deals rule the roost. The trouble is getting them. The featured Deal can make money straight up, this one is way more about exposure and read-through. I don't expect profit right off the bat, whereas I made money on the Featured Deal.

Books Butterfly is, well, iffy.
Doing way better than me. Thus far, my Books Butterfly promo of 'Empire: Country' has resulted in just two sales. I figure it might hit twelve or fifteen if I'm lucky,

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Any Bookbub promo is good, although the Featured Deals rule the roost. The trouble is getting them. The featured Deal can make money straight up, this one is way more about exposure and read-through. I don't expect profit right off the bat, whereas I made money on the Featured Deal.

Books Butterfly is, well, iffy.
Had I better option, I'd have gone for it. As it was, ' Empire: Country' was deemed 'ineligible' for an Amazon Ad, and sad though it is, Books Butterfly was almost the only other option that yielded any results...

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Ineligible for an Amazon ad? On what basis?
Cited reason was 'low stock,' which I found baffling for an eBook. The print version, yes, that I could see. (Most of my sales were for print copies.) I found it especially frustrating because 'Country' had a 4 star rating.