• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Jaspers (An award I just made up and and the fun we can have with it)

So I suggested that since so many people only claim to read books nominated for awards we need to make up an award to pad our works with and claim some of that prestige and money. Egged on by positive feedback from several people I created the Jaspers. Want to win one? Here's the rules for our little game.

Eligibility: Anyone who's doing something creative. Artists, singers, writers, underwater Nigerian basket weavers, etc...

Winning: Share the idea with someone. Either a repost or mention of the idea in a public forum will win you a Jasper in the category of your choice.

I Want More: Convince someone else to repost or mention it and you're a 2 time winner.

Is this legit? Yep. You've been nominated by someone other than yourself(Me.) It's been voted on.(by myself and you) and you've got the official representative of the awards to back up your claim (Me, again) So feel free to trumpet your win from every rooftop and put it on bios and resumes and your creative works.

Is this illegal? Nope, it's how awards work.

Do I get something? A trophy or certificate? Nope, but if you want to make one for yourself I'll back up your claim that you received that from the awards committee.