• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Nevid

This will be a short (but ongoing) story that I started about a year ago. It's composed of individual posts within the above thread title. In an attempt to augment the works and incorporate an additional element I included musical passages to accompany most written segments, and hopefully I will be able to continue doing so.

The primordial consciousness being born within the suffocating confines of a zero-volume existence. The only way in which it could move, was inward...

From Nothing

A zero-dimensional point of consciousness that concurrently represents all space. A zero-dimensional point of infinite density from the limitless light that is God to a singular material manifestation that is the archangel of the primordial universe.

One

One was its' beginning, yet it was eternal. One was its' individuality, yet its' diversity bore no limits. One was its' permutation; its' qualities were infinite. It was all things, and it was one.

LordFalco

Minstrel
Nice. I've seen it done somewhat differently: a single music piece plays while one reads the story. It's very effective if the music doesn't compete with the writing.

Nice. I've seen it done somewhat differently: a single music piece plays while one reads the story. It's very effective if the music doesn't compete with the writing.

I had thought about that on occasion, but I prefer to keep the music separate. I do usually try to keep the follow-up tracks in context with the written segments. One thing that comes to mind that is somewhat similar is after you watch a movie there is music, but in lieu of cinematic it's literary, and of course the motion pictures do have the background music as well.

I tried this technique at a philosophy forum a couple years back, and they deleted the post.

There is an infinitely substantial and dominant reality that transcends this four-dimensional existential matrix. It is out of reach however, because the rules here do not apply there, for the most part, but we find ways.

We find ways to entertain concepts that are real, but out of this experience, these alternate realities.