• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Way of the Bear

BearBear

Archmage
"'War crime' is a pretty phrase wrapped up in ribbons and bows. No one escapes the front line free from sin." - The Way of the Bear: War

BearBear

Archmage
"Man is anti-natural and they're a catalist of change. Given enough time they'll change the world to something even they can't survive--the only nature they can't change is their own." The way of the Bear: Of human nature.

BearBear

Archmage
"On the battlefield there is no moral compass, no right, no wrong--it's all immoral, it's all wrong." - The Way of the Bear: War

BearBear

Archmage
"Once you've met death head on, all respect is lost--it's pointless and pitiless." - The Way of the Bear: Death's Door

BearBear

Archmage
"There's a difference between a wild beast and man: the beast is true to their nature, while man is unpredictable. If I were forced to fight one, the wild beast is my first choice." - The Way of the Bear: Of human nature.

BearBear

Archmage
"I do not wish for death, and I know in its grip I will have fear, but I can't say I do otherwise--what benefit is there to fear the inevitable?" The way of the Bear: Death's Door

BearBear

Archmage
"Society is held together by a thin brittle shell and armageddon is just one good knock away." The way of the Bear: End Times.

BearBear

Archmage
"The real world is worse than you can ever imagine, and you won't imagine that because if you tried you'd have to admit it. So we live in a better world by choice--It's completely under our control." - This is the Way of the Bear.

Last edited:

BearBear

Archmage
"You shouldn't live your life avoiding regret--every choice is a potential regret, so they're neigh unavoidable. Instead, spend that energy learning how to avoid dwelling on them." - The Way of the Bear: Reflections

BearBear

Archmage
"In a world where you can't believe anything, believe whatever you like." - This is the Way of the Bear

BearBear

Archmage
"In the jungle there are beasts beyond description, and their actions are often driven by depraved hedonism amid horrific conditions, so your first objective is to survive at any cost, and your last is to survive uncorrupted; however, in the jungle, it's rare that we can have everything we desire." - The Way of the Bear: Reflections of WWIII.

BearBear

Archmage
"When the odds are stacked against you, beg, cheat or steal, and play dirty. Such is the nature of all wild things to survive--the ones who didn't aren't around to hold their high moral standards over us." - This is the Way of the Bear.

BearBear

Archmage
"Behind every sweet smile lies an evil grin, without exception." - The Way of the Bear: On Human Nature.

BearBear

Archmage
"Freedom from suffering is freedom from attachments. To be free, you mustn't hold on to beliefs or claims of truth: this is this or that is that, all simply are." - This is the Way of the Bear

BearBear

Archmage
"When it comes, we can't say we didn't see it coming, but we can say we saw it coming too often to know for sure when." - The Way of the Bear: Revelations

BearBear

Archmage
These are all so good.

No no, you must either be mistaken or you want money. So how much?

Both your username and your pfp are equally mysterious and intriguing. They tell of an interesting person worth noting.

"Behind every compliment is a request for something; either now or later, it will come. So always give a compliment in return." - The Way of the Bear: On Human Nature.

Last edited: