• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The will of the Gods

Tyrant

Acolyte
This has been an ongoing project of mine and I am reaching out to like minded person wanting do do something in their spare time. Forgive if the presentation is a bit 'crude'.

In the universe of Ascension(which by the way is the name of the game) a race of highly intellergent insect-like beings for some reason have taken it upon themselves to maintain plantlife on all worlds. This race hold the name of Illu'farae and have been the source of many myths and rumors through out history. being natrually seclusive and highly advance compared to other races they tend to shy away for other species only concerned about plant life. As the lesser races advanced as is inevitable they also tended to undo the work of the Illu'farae destroying whole eco systems in their struggle for survival.

Lacking all other option save a purge of all mortal life the Illu'farae implore the assistance of the Ethers, incorpereal beings which feed on elements of pure energy to increase in power. The strongest of these Ethers have aquired many followers and have themselves taken on the titles of gods so great is their power and influence with the fledgeling races. The bargain, control the mortals sparing the flori and in return the Illu'farae would bestow upon them knowledge and the ability to bring their followers into the starts.

And so both sides were content, for a while. But with the passing of time The Gods realized that the spread of their subjects had spand several galaxies. And although several wars against heretics had albut destroyed those who would oppose their will now they interlopped on the territory of other Gods. And the first civil war begain. A war so terrible it threated the stability of the very universe. The Illu'farae were appalled, the bonds of their agreement broken as entire world burned to cinders. After several thousand years of remaining impassive they unleashed their swarms and brought the gods and their forces to heal in a galaxy wide standoff.

The God were no fools and returned to their domains but the insult to their pride would not go unpunished. Reuniting they sought to create a unified front against the tyranny of the Illu'farae, those who would defy the will of the Gods.....

This is the first part of the story again i appologize for the crude story and lack of details. i will go on as time permits. Any thoughts or feed back is welcome. Also you can check the website for the game and the story at Ascension the will of the GODS. Im just looking for indeviduals who are looking to help create a world which will be brought to life in a video game. Although I have created a ton of material there a huge gaps in story which I dont want to make myself and would appreciate a different perspective.

TheokinsJ

Troubadour
I think the story is pretty good- but in terms of the game, what role does the main character play in all this? Creating a story for a game is much more different than for a book in terms of the player must be interacting with the plot all the time, whether it be killing enemies or finding loot. Also what exactly are you looking for in terms of help? Help with the story/world building or the actual production of the game itself?

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
The will of the gods.
Being of sound mind and no body ...

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

Tyrant

Acolyte
@Theokinsj the role of the player is the best part ill get to it in a minute. and what i need help on is the section of time where the story starts and where the gameplay begins.

Not long after the Gods are rebuked by the Illu'farae they reform the original Godlan'drium, the councel of the 20 most powerful ethers which would guide the mortals in the adhearence of the pact made between the Gods and the Illu'farae. Ironic it was for the Hive Queens to discover it purpose was to destroy the Illu'farae. Although nothing the armies of mortals brought to bear could threaten the vast swarms of Illu'farae the Gods themselves could not be defeated having grown subtancally in power syphoning the devotion of countless worshippers on thousands of worlds.

For a millienia the war raged leaving smoldering ruins across hundreds of worlds, but dispite the Illu'farae acheiving victory after victory the power of the Gods could not be undone. It was Voli'sar an Illu'faraen prience who form a ploy to bansh the Gods once and for all, and although I caused great pains for the Hive Queens after seeing the plantlife on so many world reduced to ash they finally relented.

The push to the Illu'farae homeworld was punishing for the forces of the Gods, but after fighting back from the brink the expedition force was finally ready to set foot on Illu'sar itself. "For this end all battle the Gods themselves would be there in force to wipe out the mantis scourge once and for all. First an assult force will portal directly on the surface from Holy Celestria the Seat of the Gods. Then with their forces distracted the Fleets will send down troop transports to Destroy key infastructure and isolate any Queens we come across,"said Acendant-Knight Arsal. "Many of you have just reached the rank of squire, and this is the first time you have done the blessed power armor outside of the training cathedrals. Always remember, the eyes of the Gods are upon you and while your faith burns bright no foe can stand before you!!!!".

The battle for Illu'sar almost won, the Gods in their thirst for victory where blinded of the Illu'farae's true intentions. While they were distracted in their war making the Illu'farae sent their vast swarms to all of the worlds of the Gods and purged them of all their worshippers. Trillions of lives lost cordinated to last a few moments. The loss of so many of their followers drained the Gods, and dispite the fact that it was already too late such was their fear of loss they abandoned the glorious army they created for conquest and were banished one by one.

Now our tale truely begins, what of the Exodus? Trapped on a hostile planet abandoned by their Gods....