• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This is Samuel, basically new to this all

ChronoSam

Acolyte
Hi guys, my name is Samuel, and I guess I will introduce myself here.

While growing up, I have always enjoyed fantasy and science fiction, earliest recollection can be The Neverending Story movie, and even The Pagemaster as I was just a small kid, but then when the HP movies came out as I was about 9 years old my mother made us read the first book so to go see the movie, I reluctantly accepted then but soon enough I was already reading by my own behind her back so to catch up with the story, I was hooked, and from then I have read a lot more than that, although I will always thank J.K. Rowling for her HP books initiated me into reading.

I am not a walking library but I do love to read, and fantasy genres have always been super close to me, in books, comics, videogames and even some TV shows. Some of the most important stories that have marked me across different medias have been The Lord of the Rings trilogy (I first read The Hobbit as a kid, then the trilogy, the Silmarillion has been in my bookshelf for a years now but I haven't gotten myself to read it, although I will before I consider reading Beren & Luthien), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy saga, the Narnia and Cosmic Trilogy Series, some DC comics like Kingdom Come, Superman: Rebirth or Red Son, series like Avatar: The Last Airbender and videogames like Chrono Trigger and The Legend of Zelda games. If there's more they currently escape my mind, those will do for now then.

I studied audiovisual and multimedia as I have always loved cinema and videogames! Am currently not working in my area but recently I wanted to write something that is mine and no one else's, and as I started to brainstorm and write down some stuff from my heart undoubtedly a fantasy world had to emerge from my mind! Haha.

I do not consider myself a writer by vocation, so I don't have several stories to write so far at least, but do want to make this one story I got come true and in the best way possible, so when looking around for resources I googled for forums and stumbled upon this one, which seems to be a pretty good place to be so to improve upon my ideas, brainstorm and even have some friendly discussions about world building and storytelling.

I hope I'm in the right place, and will look forward to see more discussions and join them as well!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
You're in the right place, ChronoSam. Do take time to look around the forums; there are many excellent threads here. And go to the main site to read the many articles. Also, you'll want to participate in discussions, even if it's just to make a comment here and there, so you qualify to post over in the Showcase. There are many opportunities to get involved.

Welcome!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met ChronoSam [aka Samual]
Good to have you here.
Leap on in. I find this place helpful and supportive...

ChronoSam

Acolyte
Awesome, will participate as time allows me to. I've been on festivites and holiday season with the family and will be on vacations and what not, but told myself I should sign up before I am too coward to take the first step, hehe.

Thanks for the welcome!