• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Three Worlds

The basis of my world includes Three Universes each with a separate Deity and in its own 'Space' It's known As The Triverse and each had its own unique story with one Overall conclusion. What is Good And what is evil?

RedAngel

Minstrel
The main thing is the writing the main concept down. Either by plotting or pantsing but the writing aspect is most important. Develop habits to write some every day and work through blocks.

You mention a triverse so there are three universes?
How are they connected?
How do they travel back and fourth?

Yes...They are connected by the Deities that created them..and they travel back and forth by different means

The words mean nothing if you cannot comprehend their meaning.
So even at its description ones mind falls useless to imagine it.
Incomprehensible doesn't even begin to describe the paltry insufficiency of all earthly terms.
It does not want to be understood by Man for it does not need it.
It just is and all just accepts.
Hail Him, Son Of He
The one who Balances
Everything.

elemtilas

Inkling
You make a valid point, I have a plot...but I'm just a bit unsure

The idea of a triverse is interesting. I assume they must be interconnected in some way? --- kind of not much overall plot can happen if the denizens of each verse can't get from one to the other! Physically, were they brought into existence simultaneously? Do they kind of "orbit" one another or some kind of barycenter? Are they physically tangential? If you're at the edge of one verse, can you see across the Void to the outer edge of another one?

As for the story itself, a single universe is a whopping big place for a story to happen in! I mean, assuming that we here on Earth are not alone in the vast gulfs of space, it's pretty clear that squillions of civilisations and jillions of far ranging star empires can have risen, existed, expanded and died again and never even realise that the same thing is happing myriades of times over in the next galaxy.

Is the story centered on "the gods" who can presumably relatively easily cross the gulfs of space and leap from one verse to another? To me, the stage you've built seems a bit large for human-sized action & actors.

Anyway, I hope to hear more about this place!

Nomadica

Troubadour
Maybe I'm wrong but this feels more like a setting than a concept. Too vague. If you said something like "Three universes that end up leaking into each other and must be put right or reality will cease to exist" that feels more like a concept because something is happening.

It's a neat setting but whats happening?

I tried to put the story on here but it was a little too long

The words mean nothing if you cannot comprehend their meaning.
So even at its description ones mind falls useless to imagine it.
Incomprehensible doesn't even begin to describe the paltry insufficiency of all earthly terms.
It does not want to be understood by Man for it does not need it.
It just is and all just accepts.
Hail Him, Son Of He
The one who Balances
Everything.

plasticroyal

Dreamer
As with another post you've made here, it's all just a bit vague. It has the potential to be interesting but I must agree with Nomadica, this just reads as a setting to me right now.

Try and expand upon what you already have. What does the Triverse mean for the characters you want to explore? Are the deities passive or do they meddle directly in mortal affairs? Are they at peace with one another or are the three realms of the Triverse at war? Beyond just that of the Triverse, what kind of setting do your character's inhabit and do you plan to include characters and settings from all three universes?

Asking and answering these kinds of questions will help you push forward and turn this concept into something more concrete and workable.