• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Totally generic and cliche, but...

BigBadBull

This is my first time posting on this forum. As a matter of fact, this is my first time as a member of any forum of this nature....I'm currently 400 pages into my first novel, and I need some help. I don't have anyone to bounce ideas off of, and I'm learning as I go. If there is anyone out there that can give me some guidance on how these things work it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

FatCat

Maester
Make a post (in the relevant forum category) with a specific question or broad idea that you want to discuss. Say you're having difficulty writing an action scene, you can go to 'writing questions' forum and start a thread "Need help with action scene". Let people know what problems you're having and you'll have some good feedback soon. From what I've found, everyone here is more than willing to lend a hand when it comes to opinions and advice, so don't be shy, post away!

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
As FatCat stated, it depends on what you need. If you need help formulating ideas, the Brainstorming and Planning forum is the place to post. If it's a technical question, either here or post an example of your work for critique in the Showcase.

SeverinR

Vala
If you aren't comfortable starting a question, look at questions that others have asked, see how people relate, possibly share your views, and get comfortable this way first.
I learned more from others questions, then I could have ever thought to ask.