• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Uncharted Library

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Ahoy all,

Me and a good friend of mine have just launched a blog/website dedicated to indie fantasy books and indie video games. You'll find it here.

It's targeted mainly towards readers who are also gamers, so the bigger focus is on books, but there will be plenty of game content too. To start off with, we'll be focusing mainly on reviews, but we have a few interviews and articles lined up as well, so we're hoping for a variety of content.

Please have a look around, and let me know what you think. :)

It looks great. And already a lot of nice content for a site that's only been live for 17 hours :) At what frequence do you plan on posting? I left a comment somewhere, since I know those are both hard to come by when you're starting and some nice social proof.

I might bug you to review my novel once it's out (should be april this year) and offer up some content in one form or another if you're open to that sort of thing.

The art-work on the home page (which is amazing by the way) felt a little bit too large. This in the sense that some readers might not realise that there is more content underneath it. So they might only see the art work and small introduction but not get invited to look further and scroll down (people apparently do this...). It's something to keep in mind, especially if you notice that a lot of people only see the home page and never move beyond it. Making the image slightly smaller or adding a hint that there's more content down the page might be a solution.

Another thing, if I click on the "Read more" link in your profile at the bottom of a blog-post, I get to a different kind of page than if I do the same on a page by Trudie. Which is not a big deal, but it bugs the webdesigner in me...