• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Went offline?

Chasejxyz

Inkling
When I tried to look at it last night (PST wise), it was offline. When I opened a thread just now I got a 502 error but it came back once I refreshed the page. So SOMETHING is going on but it seems to be inconsistent.

I'm guessing someone forgot to feed the IT gnomes. It happens...

If you want to help feeding them, give them a glass of milk. There's usually a useful slot in the side / back of your computer or in the bottom of your phone you can use for this. If you don't see one, remove a mouse or USB drive from your computer. There is usually a symbol with a dot and an arrow going out of it near the appropriate slot (which indicates moving the milk to the IT gnome).

Of course, you can feed them something more substantial as well, but that's usualy a bit trickier, since CD-rom drives are become more rare these days. But if you have one, they're ideal for slices of bread or other assorted soft food-stuffs.

I'm guessing someone forgot to feed the IT gnomes. It happens...

If you want to help feeding them, give them a glass of milk. There's usually a useful slot in the side / back of your computer or in the bottom of your phone you can use for this. If you don't see one, remove a mouse or USB drive from your computer. There is usually a symbol with a dot and an arrow going out of it near the appropriate slot (which indicates moving the milk to the IT gnome).

Of course, you can feed them something more substantial as well, but that's usualy a bit trickier, since CD-rom drives are become more rare these days. But if you have one, they're ideal for slices of bread or other assorted soft food-stuffs.
So who's going to sacrifice their computer to feed the IT gnomes?

I mean, IT gnomes might like milk and slices of bread, but computers get digestive issues from that sort of thing. You know how computers have lactose intolerance and celiac disease....

I mean, IT gnomes might like milk and slices of bread,
If you really want to get on their good side, feed them chocolate chip cookies. (I found a short documentary on it here: People who know nothing about computers - Clearing Cookies - YouTube)

So who's going to sacrifice their computer to feed the IT gnomes?
Well, this is the "Ask the staff" forum. Maybe we should ask them to take one for the team ;) (though they're probably already annoyed at us for clogging up this forum and all the email notifications they get when someone posts here. Sorry...).

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Hey all. I don't really know what happened as Black Dragon is Administrator and handles these issues. But based on how inconsistent it was, my guess is that it was a server issue coming from our forum software provider. I think it's safe for the time being to assume that it's been resolved.