• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I am not playing anything but for crappy distraction games on my Iphone.

When the kids were young we had a PS2, which I liked. But then the son got attached to Mario and it was all Wii and Switch since then. Prior to that I was just playing games on my PC but its been many years.

If I was to get something to play some games on again, what would you suggest? PS5, whatever Nintendo has? PC gaming? Or is there even such a thing as a Nintendo DS anymore? What would you suggest and why?

Gurkhal

Auror
And now I've entered the Tomb of Giants and got absolutely massacred by the first Giant Skeleton I faced. A humbling experience if there ever was one.

Gurkhal

Auror
Given the problem of a lack of light in the "Tomb of Giants" I'm thinking of heading out to find a better light source than my current lamp along with buying the Bloodbite Ring against "Bleed" buildup which I get a fair bit of from the enemies down here in the tomb.

I'll soldier on for a bit more but that's what I'm thinking of doing if I can't make progress.

Gurkhal

Auror
Triple post...

Anyway, I'm getting the "Sunlight Bug Hat" for ease of navigating the Tomb of Giants.

The darkness down there is way worse than the poison in Blighttown, I can tell you that much!

Right now I need to carve a path through a Titanite Demon on a bridge in Lost Izalith and the lack of space to manuvre on the sides of the demon is felt. Still I almost got him last time so it should be doable with the stuff I have right now. Just need to grind on and "git gud" at this.

Gurkhal

Auror
Alright, new update!

I've made my way through the Tomb of Giants, the damn darkness and those accursed skeleton dogs to make contact with Gravelord Nito in his boss room/arena. To bad I had so little health left that I died before I could do much but now I've managed to make my way there and that's something.

Later today or tomorrow. I'll make a new attempt to fight my way to the Gravelord and face him down.

Gurkhal

Auror
And now, Gravelord Nito has met his match, and I am victorious! I needed a few attempts before I got the hang of this fight but one more boss down and the Four Kings are next. :D

Gurkhal

Auror
So I've started to explore the New Londo Ruins. I've found Ingward and got the key to the seal. I figure I should search out Artorias the Abysswalker and then its back into New Londo, find and break the seal and introduce my sword to the Darkwraiths beyond the seal as I make my way deeper to confront the Four Kings in the Abyss.

Easy plan to write out. Let's see how hard it is to execute.

Gurkhal

Auror
Almost got the final boss this time. I got him down to maybe 1/5 or 1/6 of his starting HP before he got me. Next time, next time...

Gurkhal

Auror
Did you get the DLC?
I have the DLC but decided against it in this run.

The project is to play through the game more times than just one so I'm saving "Artorias of the Abyss" for my next playthrough with a character concept/build inspired by Clan Lasombra from VtM.

This means a build with a combo of using high strength along with Abyss-related sorceries from said DLC, and take IC actions according to my concept. Such as darkening Anor Londo, pick a suitable ending and so on.

At a minimum I want to get all the achivements save possibly "Knight's Honor" as getting all the rare/unique weapons seems like a pain, and not necessarily a good pain. Might still try it in the future but I haven't planned for it.

Gurkhal

Auror
I couldn't help myself. A new game with Dark Souls Remastered has been started with a Clan Lasombra concept with the name "Shadow Blood". We'll see how this goes. :)

Gurkhal

Auror
Doing some progress with my second run through Dark Souls but I'm also starting up a campaign with Spain in Victoria 2. I know that there's a Victoria 3 out but my old computer can't really handle that so Victoria 2 it is. I'm thinking of running a Spanish campaign to re-create the Spanish Empire in the Americas. We'll see if I'm successful in this.

Gurkhal

Auror
Not much activity in this thread it would seem...

But anyway. I'm back to Dark Souls and Victoria 2, with my second run in Dark Souls and just fixed the second bonfire in Blighttown.