• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What drives your writing?

BearBear

Archmage
Before I started writing and only dreamed of writing, I used to mainly imagined myself writing strictly fantasy but these days I'm not really sure. Of course 70% of my writing is still fantasy. Even though I try to make that percentage up to at least 90% I find it difficult to write just the same genre but maybe that's just me.

Part of my job involves writing non-fiction technical articles and editing/approving the final product. Let me tell you, it doesn't scratch the itch for me. Once the editors and lawyers get done with it, there's nothing of me left, not a crumb.

For me, it's a desire to create. I find myself constantly longing to create a story so impactful that it is birthed into the world and becomes reality. I often think of the popular franchises and novels that have come to life and think of how wonderful it would be to manifest something like that with words alone. A character you designed now has a physical form, an actress or actor that depicts them, a fanbase that draws meaning and inspiration from them. I often wonder if those authors experience a God complex. I know I'd certainly develop one!

LittleOwlbear

Minstrel
Hm, autistic / adhd obsession with stuff that hooked me and never left my mind. I get bit grumpy and tense, if I have no time for my hobbies and special interests for some days in a row.