1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

What's in your toolbox?

Discussion in 'Writing Discussions' started by skip.knox, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Vicki27

Vicki27 Scribe

No worries Dark One, it's nice that you feel comfortable, I always feel very guilty at how long my progress is taking. Mind you this is my first book so I guess once I have it under my belt I will feel more at ease with my process. I have always wanted to write novels but let working full time become the excuse not to start writing until I had the time. Ha now I have the time and I am still going at a snail's pace. Still as long as I make some progress I guess I will have to be happy with that. I had no idea how long it would take to research let alone write! if you have been writing for 25 years whilst working full time I am in awe of your dedication and commitment (not to mention your organisational skills at finding or making the time). I am in my second year now and still have at least half of the first book of three to go! Ah well it's been very nice to chat but back to the grindstone I guess :) - Vicki

2. The Dark One

The Dark One Archmage

"No worries" sounds suspiciously Australian...

That's very nice of you, again. I'd hardly say I've set the world on fire after 25 years but, like many on here, I have achieved an audience and that (for me) is the main thing.

Mind you, the landscape has completely changed since I started out. Being trade published is all but impossible yet getting published has never been easier. There can be all sorts of cool tricks in your toolbox but, in the end, it's the story that matters. If it's good it will find an audience...somehow.

3. Vicki27

Vicki27 Scribe

Unfortunately just boring old British....
    I'm guessing 'trade published' is being accepted by book publishers and the easy part of getting published is either e-books or publishing yourself. Being an old fashioned kinda gal, I'm hoping for book publisher, I love books and don't think there is anything better than the feel and smell of an old favourite in your hands.