• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What's Up?

imagine123

Dreamer
Hey all...

Made this account a while ago, but never really used it. I'm planning on doing my own NaNoWriMo starting in January (was doing fieldwork in November) and thought that maybe being part of a community will keep me up on my daily writing goals. I'm hoping to finish the first draft of story I've been kicking around for the past couple of years, or at the very least get into the habit of writing every day.

My writing history: I used to write 1-2 page stories about dragons when I was in elementary, and I finished a 40-page single-spaced story (as seen now, a glorified plot outline, in *shudders* bold Comic Sans) when I was in 7th or 8th grade. It's the only novel-like story I've ever finished, although I've been working on versions of it ever since (swapped out the dragons for people). The most I've gotten out of this idea was a 300+ page single-spaced document in Times New Roman 12pt which I permanently deleted in a fit of annoyance one summer a couple of years ago because I was sure that I would never, ever finish writing it.

Whenever I think of the work I put into that thing...Lesson learned: never delete anything that you write.

I've got a couple completed short stories under my belt, thanks to a couple of fiction writing courses I took in college. Another really short story (does 5-6 pages count as a short story?) that I've recently completed was thanks to suddenly being entranced by a Breaking Benjamin song and jamming it out in 2 hours after think-plotting it for an hour. I'll post it in my portfolio once I get to the 5-post limit; I'm rather proud of it

That's it. Here's to finishing what you start...

MineOwnKing

Maester
Hello,

I'm not typically the welcome wagon, but I'm waiting for the kids to fall deep enough to sleep that I can perform my Santa duties.

Welcome back.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met imagine123
Not waiting for Santa but still awake at 6.00 am.
Hopefully you will find MS as helpful and supportive as I do.