• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Where does a Kol’ksu come from?

alecdavis47

I've been researching goblins and fairies and all sorts of things and I keep running into this creature called a Kol’ksu. I can find a little info on it and its on a bunch of people's goblin lists. My problem is that I cant find an origin for this creature. Is it actually folklore or is if form some fantasy book?

WooHooMan

Auror
Earliest use I could find was a 2013 blog which seems to talk about homebrew D&D races. I noticed many other sources seem to copy and paste the description.
My guess is that the writer of this blog made it up and other people stumbled on it, probably while googling “types of goblins”, and assumed it was actual mythology.

Of course, if you could find an example of the term from before 2013, that theory goes out the window.

Chasejxyz

Inkling
I see both someone on a DnD subreddit asking about them (and getting no answers) and a Teen Wolf fanfiction that has them...as the other person said, it's probably something someone made up for DnD. If it was actually folklore, there would be a bunch of stories or info on it...the fact that it seems to be the same info shared over and over makes it seem like it's a more recent invention.

alecdavis47

[QUOTE="alecdavis47, post: 330233, member: 73 I've been researching goblins and fairies and all sorts of things and I keep running into this creature called a Kol’ksu. I can find a little info on it and its on a bunch of people's goblin lists. My problem is that I cant find an origin for this creature. Is it actually folklore or is if form some fantasy book?[/QUOTE]
issue got solved!!

Last edited by a moderator: