• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Who Remembers???

I remember some Zelda game on the Nintendo. Not Swords and Serpents though. I can't say I was a fan of Nintendo's effort - I prefered A Link To The Past on the Snes. By and large most fantasy games have passed me by, though there's some part which hopes for a resurgence in text-based games. For some reason I prefer reading about things rather than being shown them. Oh well, one day...

Last edited:
If that's the game I'm thinking of, I made it through several quests and then the game stopped. I don't mean it crashed, I mean the story fell through. I had to go to a wizard's cave in a forest, where he was supposed to give me something or tell me something and unlock the next quest. For some reason, once I finished the cave, the game behaved as if I'd gotten the McGuffin when I hadn't. I started over from scratch, made it back to the cave, and deja vu all over again. Frustrating.

Nope...not that game. Swords and Serpents was a 16 level dungeon--no woods or anything, no caves. Each level you advanced down one dungeon level and one level of difficulty. At the center of the 16th dungeon was a dragon you had to kill to win the game.