• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

BearBear

Archmage
Well I'm traditional in some ways. A throne of lies suits me just fine. I had a bean bag chair as a kid and that was awesome though.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Keep your thrones and your bean bag chairs. Your B's, and slacks, and your pink bears.

I still claim victory.

I have not seen Wednesday yet! Glad to hear you enjoyed it though, seems like quite a few people do.

Honestly can't recall the last time I sat down and watched a series... I always just end up on youtube if I want to watch anything lol

YT for me wins every time.

Learning about medieval dress: check seeing what a bear made from jelly does when crushed under a car wheel: check (sorry Bear) Learning how to store dahlia tubers: check

I’ve had access to the internet since it was dial-up and you couldn’t use the phone if someone was online and I still don’t know doxxing is…

I was probably too busy playing the Sims. I still listen to the original soundtrack and gets me all emotional.

BearBear

Archmage
These new words are like a language of their own. You need to be immersed among the angsty toxic trolls and suicidally depressed emo brats spouting kning frr lol.

It's neither fun nor funny, but if you survive it without becoming one yourself then that's a good lesson. Coming from a former toxic troll and former suicidally depressed emo, having survived that and overcome it through spirituality and awakening I can say the power I gained over emotion and ego is unimaginable by comparison.

The psychology of trolls interests me, actually.

I’ve heard that bears go about their days quite well, they are not thinking about yesterday, or even tomorrow, but are immersed in the present moment, more concerned with catching that salmon than the existential questions of life.

BearBear

Archmage
The psychology of trolls interests me, actually.

I’ve heard that bears go about their days quite well, they are not thinking about yesterday, or even tomorrow, but are immersed in the present moment, more concerned with catching that salmon than the existential questions of life.

This is the way of the Bear

But Bears also have many other thoughts throughout the day.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I’ve had access to the internet since it was dial-up and you couldn’t use the phone if someone was online and I still don’t know doxxing is…

I was probably too busy playing the Sims. I still listen to the original soundtrack and gets me all emotional.
Doxxing just means revealing someone's personal information. For example, if someone uses details left on a forum to deduce someone's identity or where they live against that person's wishes.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I think the internet means there will be no more privacy any more. Doxxing is a thing today, but I bet ChatGPT could do the work and find all the details of anyone on the net. I dont think it can be avoided, certainly not as we wander further into the great connected future. (Course, its creepy that any would want to ask).

Aleshe

Troubadour
I agree it's probably pretty easy for a big company or site owner to get your information. As long as it's not easy for some creeper to get it that's fine. Big companies and site owners typically don't try to break in and steel your underwear, they just want your money or to sell your information.

BearBear

Archmage
Hmm, the person who stalked me probably didn't want to so bad that they'd pay for my information.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Not really pmmg, doxxing is not magic. If I were to create a new email-address and register on this site without talking about my usual interests, next to no one is going to figure out it is me. Use a VPN and no one would find out. In fact, there is no way of knowing I'm not any of you.