• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That? v3.1

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Vorlons because they're more mysterious to ME, a non-Babylon 5 fan who has no idea what a Vorlon is but could probably guess, with relative accuracy, some traits of a Shadow.

Grill a steak in a lightning storm or just have a vegetarian dinner?

BONUS: If you chose to grill the steak, how: by using a timer so that you are outdoors for as little time as possible, or just raise your arm with raw steaks skewered on a large metal fork and wait for lightning to kill you and (simultaneously) cook the steaks?

Reaver

Staff
Grill the steak. The odds of being struck by lightning in the U.S. in one year is 1 in 700,000. In a lifetime, 1 in 3000.

BONUS: Use a timer. Given the odds, the alternative is just silly and the steaks will never get cooked.
The best answer is to buy a George Foreman grill and cook the steaks inside.

Whiskey or wine?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
It was a damn good steak. One of my best. My secret: preheat to 550˚; add foil greased up with olive oil; flip after 7 min.; remove after another 7 min.; grab the foil with your bare hands and pour on the juices; cover with foil so steaks don't get rained on; dodge the lightning bolt if necessary. (It wasn't.)

Wine.

Ninja'd. Spider, because it's more ninja like… because of the web.

My question is still about wine, no matter how much whiskey a gunslinging ninja drinks.
Rice wine (sake) or plum wine?

Addison

Auror
Wow, tough one. You can do more with apples, apples come in more flavors-some of them look the same. Oranges have more nutritious value and there aren't different varieties....

I choose apples. Specifically Fuji apples.

Horror or Thriller anything?

Reaver

Staff
Punky Brewster!

BONUS: They're both kid characters in mid 80's TV shows.

Better short-lived 80's show:

Voyagers or Misfits of Science?

BONUS:

What do the child stars of Punky Brewster and Voyagers have in common?

Addison

Auror
Misfits of science, they're more fun and (in my experience) not as uptight. Also they love doing scientific re-enactments. For those who have not turned on a TV in about ten years I refer you to Doctor Hodgins experiments in "Bones". I tried to find a good video of one to post here, nada. Sorry.

Charmed or Grimm?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I think I would rather have an original of something, than something that was just old.

Pen name or real name?

Phietadix

Auror
Pen name. But with a detailed treasure hunt that starts upon my death that reveals all my pennames to history

Genre or Research?