• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Well met, Adventurers

Plinto

Dreamer
Been writing my whole life, became serious about it like a decade ago. I do mostly medieval dark fantasy, but every year around fall I start churning out a new horror short story that I will never publish. Probably once or twice a year I feel compelled to do something science fiction, but always abandon it. My writing is focused heavily on prose, character, and trees blowing in the wind. Plot-worry puts me to sleep (though I recognize its value). I feel like I've arrived at "this is good enough to publish" levels of writing ability, and am currently working on several projects that might be submitted someday soon.

Still, writing gets lonely. Sometimes I just wanna talk about writing with other writers! Especially other fantasy writers. My wife can only take so much of my quavering verbal dumpage. So yeah, here I am! Thanks!

BearBear

Archmage
Welcome and well met!

I will certainly post after any post in: [Game] Last one to post wins! On other sites this became a town center where all the discussions happened. Still hasn't happened here but I still watch it.

I started writing fantasy novels in 2012 but I am trying other genres. I have 12 novels but never published them. Every time I edit they get longer, so they're mostly just for me.

Horror is not something I can stomach. I have hyperphantasia which is great except with horror, it gets intrusive.

JBCrowson

Troubadour
Been writing my whole life, became serious about it like a decade ago. I do mostly medieval dark fantasy, but every year around fall I start churning out a new horror short story that I will never publish. Probably once or twice a year I feel compelled to do something science fiction, but always abandon it. My writing is focused heavily on prose, character, and trees blowing in the wind. Plot-worry puts me to sleep (though I recognize its value). I feel like I've arrived at "this is good enough to publish" levels of writing ability, and am currently working on several projects that might be submitted someday soon.

Still, writing gets lonely. Sometimes I just wanna talk about writing with other writers! Especially other fantasy writers. My wife can only take so much of my quavering verbal dumpage. So yeah, here I am! Thanks!
Welcome. Sounds like my wife and yours might get along.

BearBear

Archmage
We should totally make this the most active thread in the whole forum until our dear Plinto comes back from his treacherous journey to the center of the Earth on a quest to find the golden chalice of wisdom that the wizard needs to make the potion of remembering in order to fight the evil corruption of the mole people.

The mole kingdom is a dark and treacherous place, perhaps he has been captured and tied down like Gulliver. Maybe we need to set out on our own quest to save him?

But first…we need to tip the wench.

Plinto

Dreamer
Recovering from the plague lately. Also, like a certain grey pilgrim, I'm prone to vanishing. Still, I wander from forum to forum. I read your words and think on them. Perhaps someday soon I'll even cast some of my own.