• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello, everyone!

F

Falunel

I'm yet another random writer who heard about these forums through NaNoWriMo and starconstant. Though I like most genres, fantasy has been my favorite for as long as I could remember, for both reading and writing. As of recently, however, I've been writing less and less; I've no shortage of ideas, but I can't put them into words. I'm hoping that joining this forum could help remedy that.

I'm awfully shy and don't take to forums easily, unfortunately- the only forum I post regularly on is the Tales Series Forums, which I lurked for years before joining. For the rest, I post once in a blue moon and then leave my account to gather dust (including NaNo :( ). Hopefully that won't be the case here.

Anyway, more facts in list form:
-Most of my fantasy work revolves around a single world, Verdeas. The world isn't constant, however- it changes every day. For that reason, every attempt to document its whole history has ended in failure.
-History is my love and inspiration. <3
-I have the attention span of a chocolate chip cookie (i.e. none). Hence I stick to short stories most of the time. (I have no idea how I managed NaNo.)
-I have six "muses": Quaza, Ayeth, Santria, Zephyra, Lyss, and Faidre. They were my first six characters, and continue to be recurring characters in my writing.
-My favorite fantasy series is the Firebringer Trilogy, by Meredith Ann Pierce. Her language may be a bit archaic, but it really brings her world to life.
-Recently, I've begun role-playing. It's fun, but time-consuming. :(

...Apologies for the lengthy post. ^^;

F

Falunel

Thanks. It came from one of my favorite games, Okami. :)

Is that a dragon I see in yours?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Welcome! Okami is an awesome game by the way. I came from NaNo also. Seems starconstant recruited the lion's share of us!

F

Falunel

Heh, she sure did. Thanks for the welcome, fellow Okami fan. :)

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hey Falunel,

Welcome to the forums! You mentioned that you've begun role-playing. What sort of role-playing are you involved with?

Thanks. It came from one of my favorite games, Okami. :)

Is that a dragon I see in yours?

I'll have to check that game out.. and no a dragon would be too common LOL no offense Admin Black Dragon LMAO That's one of my RP char's Wynter. She's a hybrid garou/dragon... The avatar is her in Lupe form with her dragon wings >^.^<

F

Falunel

@Black Dragon: Thanks. :) My first, and as of now, only RP is called The Crystal Journey. It's essentially a high fantasy quest (ancient evil has escaped and a princess must restore eight sacred crystals to seal him again) without the epic-proportion battles. The first villian got killed by the real evil, so now it's a kind of three-way battle. Sadly, it's dying as of late.

@Midnight: I take it that a garou is a type of wolf? And yes, I highly recommend you check it out. ;)

@Black Dragon: Thanks. :) My first, and as of now, only RP is called The Crystal Journey. It's essentially a high fantasy quest (ancient evil has escaped and a princess must restore eight sacred crystals to seal him again) without the epic-proportion battles. The first villian got killed by the real evil, so now it's a kind of three-way battle. Sadly, it's dying as of late.

@Midnight: I take it that a garou is a type of wolf? And yes, I highly recommend you check it out. ;)

Werwolf without being bitten o_O well kinda LOL.. Garou are born.. Most like the Children of Gaia are guardians of the earth and nature and natural enemies of Vampires... Werewolf the Apocalypse was the source for all my Garou information from Get of fenris to Black Spiral Dancer I'm like an encyclopedia of all things bi-ped wolf >^.^<

Amanita

Maester
Most of my fantasy work revolves around a single world, Verdeas. The world isn't constant, however- it changes every day.
Oh, how well I know that feeling. :D

Welcome to the forums anyway. I'm rather new too, but I've already found a lot of interesting stuff being discussed here. And it's not as big ad Nano, easier to keep track of.;)

F

Falunel

@Midnight: I see. I've always found the "guardian spirits of nature" concept interesting, so I may have to look into that. ;)

@Amanita: Have a high-five for world building. And agreed on NaNo- it's easier to post here and get to know people. :)

F

Falunel

@Falling: I'll keep that in mind, and I appreciate it. ^^

@Dusk: Heh, it's a bad habit that I apologize for practically everything. Thanks. :)

Welcome to the forums! I like your wolf avatar as well. I've been reading up on the Romanian Wolf Legends and the origins of Remus and Romulus. I hope to make a trek over there in the next few years as well. Anyway, apologies for babbling. Welcome!

F

Falunel

@Rising: Falling's fiancee, right? Welcome to you as well. ^^

@Meg: Thanks. :) I know the bare bones of the Remus and Romulus legend, but I've never heard any Romanian legends. I love mythology and folk tales from all cultures, so I'll have to look into it sometime.
(And don't apologize. I babble quite a bit as well, heh.)