• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello All!

Arianna

Dreamer
Hello Everyone,

My name is Arianna and I am an aspiring writer. I am somewhat new to the fantasy genre but I have really gotten into it over the past few months. I always thought I wanted to write historical fiction (I am absolutely obsessed with medieval Europe) but after reading George R. R. Martins works and a few other recently released fantasy series I am convinced that Fantasy is the genre for me.

So I joined this forum and I am very excited to learn more about the fantasy genre and hopefully make some new friends :cool:

fleamailman

Closed Account
and with that the goblin showed, saying "...funny how life is built upon a mere assumption of certainty here, where the future is not promised to one and one's past has slipped by one now, but a writer lives a shared life between his muse within and his dailylife without, in fact it's odd how anyone should ever wish to become a writer, as it's a practice of schizophrenia if ever there was one, where somewhere too, in the small print on the label perhaps, it's just written warning, the muse does not got back into her bottle, where the young would dream of fame and fortune here, and just receive a journey to self instead, although not short changed by that either, just it's not exactly what they bargained for, whereupon the goblin just smiled, saying "...Arianna, you'll post with me awhile won't you, you have more talent than you give yourself credit for...", and with that the goblin was fed up with rolling out that same old red carpet each time, thinking that perhaps, what with the time of year, a white carpet was called for instead, even if the welcome was just the same by it, it just seemed more natural now

e7149ed4a12b2af6dbdb78f764fe2786.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Arianna, Welcome to the Scribes, always happy to make new friends;). You should find answers here to pretty much any fantasy questions you have, don't be a stranger.

and with that the goblin showed, saying "...funny how life is built upon a mere assumption of certainty here, where the future is not promised to one and one's past has slipped by one now, but a writer lives a shared life between his muse within and his dailylife without, in fact it's odd how anyone should ever wish to become a writer, as it's a practice of schizophrenia if ever there was one, where somewhere too, in the small print on the label perhaps, it's just written warning, the muse does not got back into her bottle, where the young would dream of fame and fortune here, and just receive a journey to self instead, although not short changed by that either, just it's not exactly what they bargained for, whereupon the goblin just smiled, saying "...Arianna, you'll post with me awhile won't you, you have more talent than you give yourself credit for...", and with that the goblin was fed up with rolling out that same old red carpet each time, thinking that perhaps, what with the time of year, a white carpet was called for instead, even if the welcome was just the same by it, it just seemed more natural now
My goblin friend, your words ring as philosophically true as ever. How about a purple carpet?

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...ah now, if they ever come up with a read carpet, I would offer it instead..." replied the goblin adding "...btw Aidan is another one of the talents here, in fact, we only have to pool our strengths on this forum and the forum itself will become our publication between us, no not their nonawrimo, nor those books elsewhere, nor even some three monthly publication, just simply people across forumland thinking "think I'll turn up at mythickscribes forum to see who's written what recently"...", in fact, the goblin was and would always remain anonymous, but everyone by now knew that goblins were not to be trusted)

Last edited:

Llewellyn

Dreamer
Hi Arianna. I am new here, too. There is a lot of support and advice at this site.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I hope you reach your writing goals!