• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Facebook Connect Tab

TWErvin2

Auror
The facebook connect tab on my computer is now hovering over where I would type in my user name. I can work around it by just hittting enter and using another screen (as if I typed in the password incorrectly). Maybe I'm the only one with this issue.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hi Terry,

Try clearing your browser's cache, and let us know if that has any effect. If not, we'll look into other possible causes.

It did that to me when I was trying to log in from my phone. Quite annoying really. Had to go try to post somewhere and log in when it said I couldn't post until I logged in.

TWErvin2

Auror
Black Dragon,
It was a temporary fix. I cleared all of the cookies, but after I logged in, it returned to it's original spot. Log out and come back, the tab is right over where I need to enter my name.

I can work around it, but just figured I'd point it out.

When I am logged in, at the top it appears to half space bump down my user name when logged in, so I can see the bottom half of TWErvin2 from underneath the blue facebook connect tab, next to the notifications tab.

Chilari

Staff
I have the same problem when logging in from uni, where they only have internet explorer installed. Don't have the problem with Firefox though.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I've been investigating this issue, and it appears that there are compatibility issues between vBulletin (our software) and older versions of Internet Explorer. If you are an Internet Explorer user, try upgrading to the latest version (IE 9) here:

Internet Explorer - Microsoft Windows

Please try this, and let us know if it makes a difference. If you are unable to run Internet Explorer 9 (you need Windows Vista or Windows 7), try out one of the following options:

Get More From Your Firefox

Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux

In any case, do let us know the results. Thanks!

TWErvin2

Auror
Older version of Windows here, so IE v9 is out. Not gonna mess with other stuff because of the tab. Will just work around it.

Behelit

Troubadour
Google Chrome all the way! It's utterly fantastic.

Seconded. I've tried Firefox, IE9 and Opera and always run into some kind of snag that sends me back to Chrome. The thing I hate is that I use too many google services, ie Gmail, Android, Google search, Chrome. With all of their data mining I'm sure they know more about me than I know about myself.

I would definitely suggest considering Google Chrome, it is compatible with XP(if thats what you are running, if you have a windows earlier than that then I will pray for you), its extremely easy to set up and get going. In fact its almost devoid of any setup except running a quick installer and maybe selecting a program location.

Last edited: