• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My book was nominated for a goodreads Choice Award - Fantasy

Fifteen books have been nominated in 20 categories, including Fiction, Nonfiction, Mystery, Memoir, Young Adult Fantasy, and many more. Voting is open to all 12 million Goodreads members, and winners will be announced in December.

I was honored to have my book The Emerald Storm (Book #4 of The Riyria Revelations) nominated in 2010 (back when it was self-published). This year Percepliquis (Book #6 of The Riyria Revelations) is in the running.

Go vote for your favorite here.

Instead of consulting publishing experts or a judging panel, goodreads looks to readers to find the best books of the year. We analyze statistics from the 170 million books added, rated, and reviewed on the site in 2012 and nominate based on a book's number of ratings and average rating. So a nomination is truly an honor because it comes straight from the readers!

This years nominees are:
  • Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson
  • Bridge of Dreamsby Anne Bishop
  • Casket of Souls by Lynn Flewelling
  • City of Dragons by Robin Hobb
  • King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
  • Percepliquisby Michael J. Sullivan
  • Some Kind Of Fairy Tale by Graham Joyce
  • The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks
  • The First Confessor by Terry Goodkind
  • The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin
  • The King's Bloodby Daniel Abraham
  • The Traitor Queen by Trudi Canavan
  • The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King
  • The Woman Who Died A Lotby Jasper Fforde

Sparkie

Auror
Looking at that list, I think you ought to proud, Michael. That's some impressive company. Thanks for sharing.

Looking at that list, I think you ought to proud, Michael. That's some impressive company. Thanks for sharing.

Indeed, and I agree 100%. This is definitely one of those cases where it's an honor just to be placed alongside these find authors.

Kit

Maester
Holy crapoli, you are on a list along with Stephen King and Anne Bishop.... I think if that ever happened to me, I would have a heart attack and die ecstatic.

Congratulations!

I think I may have to read your book, up with some of my fave authors of late up there :)

Well if you do...please don't make it the nominated book (Percepliquis) as that is the last in the series :D Start with Theft of Swords which contains Book #1 and Book #2.

Holy crapoli, you are on a list along with Stephen King and Anne Bishop.... I think if that ever happened to me, I would have a heart attack and die ecstatic.

Congratulations!

Thanks - it is one of the more "surreal" moments in this whole "publishing adventure."

Second round voting just opened up. 5 titles were added to the original 15 to make a total of 20. Next round of voting will narrow the field in half so only 10 books will advance. If you already voted before, you need to vote again to get your books into the next round. Here is a link.

The full list of 20 is:

* Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson
* Bridge of Dreams by Anne Bishop
* Casket of Souls by Lynn Flewelling
* Cast in Peril by Michelle Sagara
* City of Dragons by Robin Hobb
* Forge of Darkness by Stephen Erikson
* King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
* Percepliquis by Michael J. Sullivan
* Some Kind of Fairy Tale by Graham Joyce
* The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks
* The Dark Legacy of Shannara by Terry Brooks