• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A big, black troll named Barnabas... (Barnabas and the Hoogalites up on Kindle)

Konrad

Scribe
Okay--I may be the worst self-promoter in the world... but here goes:

When a young Wallahbear Troll, Barnabas the Black, sets out for the "Wilder East," he knows that both adventure and danger await. What he does not expect is a cave full of blood-sucking Hoogalites, tiny creatures keen to gamble on his very life. Soon he finds himself between invading Northmen, rampaging Harkins and his Ebraen honor, all of which threaten to end his journey just when it has finally and truly begun.

Category: young adult fantasy (or fantasy for adults that never grew up)
Price: .99 or as close as I could get (I wanted to put this one up for free for a bit, but for some reason Kindle wouldn't let me. Maybe it's an overseas thing?)

So there you go... An attempt at fantasy-light (but perhaps in the end not-so-light?) I also did the cover... a local graphic helped me, and... it's perhaps a bit brown, but there you go. In another Kindle book I have much more art (that's in a bigger book also on Kindle that is slowly chugging along with sales, The King of the Trolls--but that is also where I had a NIGHTMARE getting the book up in the correct, clean version, but live and learn, I guess).

At any rate, Wallahbear Trolls are not your typical trolls. While brawny and brutish, they are also covered in fur, speak only in rhyme, live for their clan and bear an often fatal sense of honor. Combine this with a maelstorm of bad temper and teenage angst, and you have the rampaging Barnabas the Black--a troll who quickly finds the prodigal life of adventure has its risks.

Much obliged if you check it out...

Barnabas and the Hoogalites (or How a Young Wallahbear Troll Discovered Fire): P. Konrad Smith: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

K