• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A random squid enters the room. What do you do?

AnonymousNobody

:confused:

But it's a WRITING squid.... so that's a good start, right?

Ok, I just really hate doing intros. Or at least my own...

disappearing-icon.png

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, AnonymousNobody! (Can I call you Nonny-no for short? :D) Good to have you here. What sort of stuff do you write?

AnonymousNobody

I write much too much. lol

Mainly, though, I stick to what I guess you could call "light fantasy". I tend to do stuff that's far in the future, or "alternate earth" or the like, or sci fi, or some mixture of those... because my brains have pretty much permanently vetoed studying (in terms of actually taking in or retaining virtually anything). So I'm stuck pretty much writing what I DON'T know, for the most part. I figure the most graceful way to do that is definitely to stay away from works of fiction set in the current time or the real world. -grin-

Pathetic, I know... but seriously (and I do mean seriously) I think I had a mini stroke or something once (more than once, actually, but once was definitely enough), and I don't think my brains came through it all right. And I had ADD before that, so...

But if people in wheel chairs can still dance and play basketball, I figure I should be able to write, even with just part of my brains working. Probably I'll keep at it till I can't (or have a very grave reason to stop.) XD Did have to shelf a 10 year project over it though... way too intense, so it was taking too much of a toll. That left a gaping hole in my creative life...

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met AnonymousNobody [aka An]
If a Squid enters a room, I'm buying a drink for it, and then challenging it to an arm/tentacle wrestle...
Good to have you here...

Shaking the closest tentacle in greet them asking Mr./Mrs. Squid if they want to ink a story with me sometime!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk