• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A simple and concise Explanation for the races in my Worldbuild. (will go in depth later)

1_Glitchy_Boi

Aranum
Anthropomorphic spiders having 4 of their appendages on their back and the other four as arms and legs. Their face has 6 eyes two large and the other four having 2 positioned on the top left of each eye. The Aranum have refined senses allowing them to have some form of echolocation. Also depending on the location Aranum can have very potent venom.

Mesmers
Appearing to be humans with skin being colors of silver, rose gold, green blue and midnight black.
Mesmers use the emotions of others around them as sustenance which they aquire by using mind control abilities to manipulate emotions to be more extreme.(will be detailed later). Mesmers are also physically weak.

Magis
Avatars of raw energy Magis possess practicality unlimited magical power only contained by an ancient curse. Most magis contain their physical form in enchanted suits of armor or clothes as to not seem as foreign.

Giaites
Odd creatures that are flora not fauna each one being different always rapidly growing evolving and adapting with more matter consumed they lack an organized society and are found in the western territories

Yengtis
Yengtis are masses of sinue muscle and bone that vaguely resemble a human. They are created when a cultist is sacrificed loosing their humanity to become an avatar of the eldritch gods. They writhe with dark energy that can cause insanity to people who get to close

Humans
Very similar to real life humans just showing more technological aptitude than other races.

1_Glitchy_Boi

Interesting ideas, How do they fit in to the plot?
Well my protagonist’s include an Aranum a mesmer a magi and a human. The Aranum have a relatively large swath of land controlled exclusively by them. The humans have a large kingdom in the center of the main continent as well as an island nation on the eastern coast of the continent. Yengtis will eventually summon much more powerful avatars of the eldritch gods

I think you nailed it with the simple explanation. It takes me forever to try to get from tons of words filled with backstory until I manage to sum it all up.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Maybe what I should have written was...
What is the plot they fit in to?
I have a lot of information but I don't know what is happening or why...

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
CupofJoe asked how your list of descriptions fits into a plot and you gave more description. Do you have a story for this information? For example, who is your protagonist? What does he want? What keeps him from getting that?