• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A Strangers Greeting

KingofAesir

Hello, all! I'm KingofAesir, or Koa if you prefer, and I'm a 20 something art student with ambition issues and a distinct lack of sleep. I've come here in hopes it might spark my creative drives and get me to actually finish something, perhaps. That aside, glad to have arrived and I hope to make meaningful contributions!

Signed with love,

Koa

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy KOA, welcome here.

I am a 50 something student of life and hoping to finish something as well ;) Just kidding, I have finished a few things. It happens.

Why are you not getting finished?

KingofAesir

Howdy KOA, welcome here.

I am a 50 something student of life and hoping to finish something as well ;) Just kidding, I have finished a few things. It happens.

Why are you not getting finished?
Hi! Thanks for the greeting. As for my lack of finished products, I've always been an off the cuff type of writer and have a really hard time sitting down and planning things. It's just generally hard for me to keep my focus on one project at a time so I end up with a million ideas running at once on top of my school stuff. Eventually I burn out and things just get left sitting in docs all alone.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met KingofAesir
Good to have you here.
I think we have all been there at one time or another :)
Leap on in and enjoy!

As for my lack of finished products, I've always been an off the cuff type of writer and have a really hard time sitting down and planning things.
Out of curiosity, have you tried planning? I always believed I was a pantser until I actually tried planning once, and that was the first long project I managed to finish. I don't do anything fancy, just a list of headlines for the different chapters. But it makes all the difference for me. I removes the problem of "what comes next" and "too many ideas".

Just something to consider :)