• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greeting, with reservations

DMThaane

Sage
Greetings everyone.

I'm an occasional lurker here who finally decided to make an account (the word 'lurker' incidentally, not recognised as a word, which is interesting. Keeps wanting to be changed to 'larker') and attempt to maybe engage with something other than a historical curiosity or my overly large Lego collection. The aforementioned reservations are due to a quirk of mental disability. I have autism, more specifically Asperger's Syndrome (professionally diagnosed and everything) which brought along with it a severe social anxiety issue that has driven me off forums in the past. Not because of any hostility, mind you, simply on account of the ambient anxiety all social interactions cause me.

On a more positive note (I'm not morose, but I play it on the internet!) a few years have passed and I'm ready to take another stab at engaging with the virtual world and have chosen this forum due to my love of writing and the general atmosphere. Feel no need to tread on eggshells (I actually prefer outright hostility to ambiguity) and if I start ranting about philosophical observations on human nature and the failings of modern society just give me a slight prod and point out that I'm doing it.

With deepest regrets (and my great displeasure at the inability of text to properly convey humorous tone)
DMThaane

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met DMThaane
I hope you enjoy the forum.
We can be Frank and Forthright in our discussions but are usually never actively hostile - even if you ask nicely...
Share what you know and learn what you need.
I too have an overly large [and mine is aged] Lego collection.

Jabrosky

Banned
I have autism, more specifically Asperger's Syndrome (professionally diagnosed and everything) which brought along with it a severe social anxiety issue that has driven me off forums in the past.
Another aspie here. Welcome aboard!

Tom

Istar
Hey! Welcome!

I don't have Asperger's, but I am ADD, so I tend to ramble and get distracted easily. Everyone here has put up with me so far, so you'll be just fine...

I don't have any Legos myself (too broke), but my younger siblings have at least a million Lord of the Rings and Hobbit sets. I play Legos with them when I have the chance, but I just love watching them roleplay with the minifigures. It's so amusing. They come up with the craziest stuff. Did you know that Kili works as a barista at Starbucks and thinks people are insulting his mother when they ask for a Mocha Frappuccino? Apparently so.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome aboard.

Glad you decided to jump in. This is a fun place and I hope your stay here is as fun as mine has been.