1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Aloha, All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SteveHolak, Sep 16, 2011.

1. SteveHolak

SteveHolak New Member

Mark Twain said, "Quittin's easy; I've done it a thousand times." Swap out 'quitting' for 'starting',and you have the Cliff Notes for my writing career.

I majored in English lit back in the 20th century fully intending to have an armful of novels published by this point, spent a decade in the US Navy, and accidentally became a software engineer.

After another decade passed of reading novels and stories and saying 'I could do this', I've decided to do it. Again.

I look to you people for support and constructive criticism, most most importantly, motivation when I hit rough patches.

QQ: I assume that there is a minimum posting criterium before I can post my own work for critique? Or, alternatively, can someone post the internal link to those sorts of specific rules?

Regards
    Steve

2. myrddin173

myrddin173 Maester

Yup, you need at least five posts before you can access the showcase. Anyways welcome to the boards

3. Digital_Fey

Digital_Fey Troubadour

Welcome to Scribes! The awesome thing about writing is that it's never too late to start - or start again, as the case may be^^

4. welcome! I'm going into the army in January and I plan on becoming a software engineer to support myself until my writing takes off enough. lol your past is kinda similar to my planed future.