• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Amazon Cover Creator

Addison

Auror
When I finished my short story "Letter To Regret" I didn't have a cover in mind. I kinda had the color scheme but not exactly a cover image. So I used the cover creator to help. While their image library has all kinds of images, they were all missing the bullseye by an annoyingly close margin.

So if your story is an epic-style fantasy, I suggest uploading or downloading your own image or some such.

Also, be aware that the Cover Creator doesn't simply do a cover image, title and author name. It also supplies a strange color border. I say, if you don't have much of a cover created, or in mind, test it out, have some fun long before you're ready to publish.

In some regards, in a simplistic-colorful fashion, the cover-creator is effective. But if you want a cover that's full of wonder and detail, most likely best to draw your own or download a picture.

That's just my opinion, maybe someone has had better luck with Kindle Cover Creator.

Hi,

I haven't used Kindle Cover Creator but I do use the CreateSpace Cover Creator which should be the same. I think the borders problem you have is because of either the image size you used, or because of whether you ticked the bleed box.

I used to use the presets for covers on CS, and found them useful. But in time I switched to creating and sizing my own covers and then uploading them as fully formed PDF files. It was more reliable.

Cheers, Greg.