• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

And then the heavens began to burn.

cliche

Minstrel
Hello, I'm cliche.... no seriously.
My real name is Will, and I have enjoyed writing and reading stories for as long as I can remember (which was when i was about 7 or 8); though I didn't actually finish any stories until almost 10 years later. I had the annoying habit of being unable to finish off stories that I have started.
I am currently in grade 11 and will shortly be choosing my options for A levels, I made the mistake of taking science at gcse and I have been kicking myself each and every day afterwards. Thankfully I just need to hand in a portfolio to hopefully stand a chance of getting to do my favorite subject that is art.
I am 16 years old and live in the south west of England (anyone care for a cup of tea?).
My hobbies range from reading and writing to drawing and animating; though I have not really done the latter in a while. I am not claiming to be an expert in any of these fields and do not think of myself as a professional any of these subjects, I just do them because I enjoy them. I enjoy reading a variety of different genres though I mostly enjoy reading fantasy. I am currently reading two books that are both by David Gemmell, these are Echoes of the Great Song, and Knights of Dark Renown.
As you can probably already see, I am not very good with spelling and my grammar could do with some fine-tuning but regardless I still enjoy writing. After I have read these books I am hoping to finish off the Spooks series that I had started reading a while back (I had bought the entire series but have yet to take them out of the plastic packaging that they came in).I would also like to finish off brisingr (I had to put the book down after some time struggling to finish each and every page that came.
My favorite series of all time has to be Cirque Du Freak though I also enjoyed the Demonata series.
At the moment I am trying to build a world where I am going to base my story in. I know that it is better to have a decent story than to try to overwhelm the readers with knowledge and information about the world and the sole purpose of this task is to have a reference to look back to whilst in the process of writing the story.
New ideas for stories hit me in random places (as they do with everyone) and over the course of the last year or so have got quite a number of ideas from which to write from, so I won’t be stuck for ideas anytime soon.

I hope that I can help out in the community and that the name doesn’t suggest too much about my ideas.

Hey, welcome to the group, there's quite a few of us young-uns around, and I hope you like it here. For years my spelling wasn't great either (it still isn't at times) but writing a rather crappy book in longhand for 2 years has done a lot to improve that. I've kind of done things the wrong way around, starting writing before I even have a name for my world, building its history as I go along, so I'll be laughing my head of if my book works. Oh, and as a fellow brit I think I will have that cup of tea:D