• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another magic system.

Jungly

Dreamer
Magic
1. Only one element may be controlled Basic magic.
Rules common to all magic.
1 Everybody has the possibility of becoming a magician.
2 All magicians are equally powerful.
3 Magic is a skill and takes many years to learn.
4 A magician must go into a trance to use magic these can take up to three hours.
5 Some plants can help a magician get into a trance faster.
6Ones the magician has gone into a trance they must bond with some of the elements they control they can only control this part of this element.
7 An element is an nonsentient substance.
8 It is possible to discover new ways to use magic.
by magician per trance.
2 A magician cannot control an element he cannot sense in some way.
3. More intricate designs with elements will take more practice to make
a. The first thing an elemental magician can do is form and move a blob of there element.
b. After about two years magicians will be able to create basic shapes like rods and walls
c. About a year after that magician will be able to note and twist the rods.
d. About twenty to thirty year into their training a magician will be able to create craft.
e. Mastering one element will help a magician master a second element.
A:Water, earth , and air.
1. A magician may control two meters cubed of the element.
2. A magician can do only one action at a time with magic.
3. There are two types of actions possible with these elements. Phase changes and form changes
4 A phase change is when a magician changes the phase an element is in. They can only an element one phase from it phase at room temperature. Air cannot be made into ether.
5. The element will return to its original form at the natural speed.
6. Form changes are when a magician changes the shape the element is in or moves it.
7This can only be done when the element is in a liquid or gas phase.
8. A magician can do about thirty actions in a trance
9. Earth is anything that is solid at room temperature.
B:Fire.
1A fire magician cannot be burnt while in a trance
2A fire magician cannot create fire
3A fire magician may control about two meters cubed of fire at its original temperature.
4.A fire magician may control half that amount and double the fires heat ext.
5A fire magician can control fire for up to an hour..

C:Light magic
1A light magician cannot create light.
2 There are two actions a light magician can do. Concentrating light and creating illusions
3 When concentrating light the magician can create a laser.
4. A light magician can create an illusion about two meters cubed in size.
5. Fire controlled by a magician cannot be put out.

Growing magic.
1A growing magician cannot create mater when he grows the matter has to come from somewhere.
2 A growing magician cannot control processes in a patient body like heart beat and digestion. Unless they can see what they are controlling.
3 They can grow bone and heal wounds ext.
4A growing magician can grow about twenty centimeters cubed of organic tissue.

Earth magicians can make very sharp blades using forging things like molten diamond.

Air magicians could make explosion by making air into a liquid and then bake into a solid.

Air magician could make shield walls practically impossible.

Air and fire could be used in deadly combinations.

Water and air magicians could be make navel battle interesting.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Jungly, and welcome to Mythic Scribes!! Is this Magic system an idea that you have been working on for some time, or are you already using all of these in your Fantasy stories??

It's rather surprising that you say Magicians instead of Mages, I used to do the same years ago because my native language is Castilian =) In my stories they are called Magas (instead of brujas, which would mean witches) and a good translation for Magas is Mages- Magician means a different thing.

Your system sounds a little too complicated, but I like your ideas!!

JamesTFHS

Scribe
I just have to say i like the complications makes it more real. Just one thing when writing about it do not go into to much detail at once. Mention what is important for the character and reader to understand. Can i ask if you are looking for any advise of some sort. You have a good base for everything. Possibly make sure this is everything you want your magic system to have. If not expand. I am having to do that right now for my story cause i just did not have enough magic forms and uses as i would have liked so i am adding alot of new things.

Jungly

Dreamer
I haven't built my world very much at all. I started the world from the magic system and thought I would try and workout what sort of influence the magic would have on a world before I started work in depth on the cultures.
I wanted to have magic combined with technology so I made very specific rules about its uses. I was think of placing it magic-technology in somewhere between the renascence and the industries revolution or in a renascence world were Da Vinci designs were used. I think if I make to many magic types and use them with technology I will make everything to easy. I was actually thinking of taking some out.

Last edited:
Jungly said:
I haven't built my world very much at all. I started the world from the magic system and thought I would try and workout what sort of influence the magic would have on a world before I started work in depth on the cultures.
I wanted to have magic combined with technology so I made very specific rules about its uses. I was think of placing it magic-technology in somewhere between the renascence and the industries revolution or in a renascence world were Da Vinci designs were used. I think if I make to many magic types and use them with technology I will make everything to easy. I was actually thinking of taking some out.

Sounds similar to what I am working on. I didn't want to do a medieval fantasy, so something steampunk style, with magic is what I am working on.