• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another weary traveler knocks at the inn

Almyrigan Hero

Minstrel
"Though he's not much of a traveler, or so anyone who knows 'im might tell you. Some say he's a wizard, or a monk, maybe even a spirit or a changeling... others, just a grumpy old layabout. All's anyone can say is, you peel your ear that way, any time of day, and you'll hear him fiddling away up in the old tower."

Hello to everyone on the Mythic Scribes forum! My name is Christian Piel, but I tend to go by this username. I'm an aspiring creator of many arts, with the enviable luxury of much spare time, and the less enviable burden of poor short-term memory and attention span. My primary fields of interest are novel writing and game development - I feel they're the ideal combination for really brining fantasy alive - though I also chip away semi-regularly at drawing, usually finishing a single-character sketch every two weeks.

Having honed all three talents to a level I consider 'a strong starting point,' I've spent the last year or so engaging in the most daunting task any creative can face. Yes, that's right; the dreaded obstacle that is convincing other random busy strangers to pay attention. One 'finished' novel, the better part of a year, a meager 10 sales, and two 5-star ratings from generous relatives later, I've finally come to terms with the fact that just posting concept art with a few paragraphs of worldbuilding notes on DeviantArt every couple weeks isn't really getting me anywhere. As such, I've decided it's finally time to bite the bullet, and begin devoting some of that writing, drawing, and development time to having an actual presence in a few communities, and making frequent - if physically indirect - human contact.

A scary prospect for all of us, indeed; especially considering I'm one of those accursed, lore obsessed 'mythos builder' types, a being feared even among the ranks of lesser introverts. A weird and scary start can, however, be good form.

Welcome to the Scribes site Almyrigan. The hard work is never finished really, but let me say you are due congratulations and highest regard for completing your novel and putting it out in the world. Well done. I hope the Scribes site, and any others you may join, will help you further its evolving path and inspire new creations as well. Best of luck to you always!