• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another newbie says Hullo.

Pegzy

Scribe
Hi, everyone who reads this. I'm new here. Currently I'm in between books, waiting for my first novel to be published and working on the sequel. If anyone out there loves dogs and dragons, they are my kind of people.

Pegzy

Scribe
Birds of a feather... or should I say scale?
YA fantasy cum murder mystery. There's a shape-shifting dog and a dragon with a passion for food and fashion.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Did you mean crime? 😏

Sounds fun. Fashion, eh? Why cover up beautiful Gold scales. Maybe a hat.

Pegzy

Scribe
They do kill even in magical worlds.
Yup, no clothing, just accessories.
What about you? What kind of writing do you do? Any dragons?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I wrote a lot of stories about 20 years ago. During that time, my big story started to form....but I got sidetracked and only recently came back to it. I have completed three books in the series, and book four is underway. Book one is currently with an editor.

Over the years, I have written six novel length things. But the big story is the one I am interested in, and want to publish.

So....there has been mention of dragon, and one briefly appeared, but the reader would be free to think it something else (it was kind of a distant and not well described creature).

It would be hard to say in a few words, what the story is about? I am usually protective of that in a public forum. But, I dont write happy tales, and its kind of rough, in that character go through a lot of bad things. I am not sure it is a story for everyone.

I did write a story that heavily featured a dragon, and I may try to incorporate it into the larger, tale, but right now it stands alone.

If you dont mind PM's I would talk about it more.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Maybe that too...

But if you were to notice the red 1 near the envelope on top of the screen, you'd find it faster ;)