• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ascend to a Higher Life-Form using magic

Erebus

Troubadour
My name is Malevolencia, and I am an evil mage on the path to godhood. Magic is a gift from the creator that was given to humanity as a sign of them being chosen. Magic works through a series of steps that are rituals. A person forms a ritualized circle by focusing their own power using their mana. They also form the various sigil and runes within the circle that are associated with the spell. Finally, any ingredients or materials must be placed within the circle, followed with chanting for a specific period of time. This is a time consuming process that can take many hours. However, there is a shortcut that lets me skip right to the spell itself. By using a particular dark ritual, I can sever my connection with the creator. This ritual must only be done once. The result is that I can bypass the steps, such as ingredients or sigils, and just power the spell with my own mana. This provides for instant results without the hassle of spending much time setting up, giving me an advantage over my enemies.

It is often said that he'll isn't some fire and brimstone place, but eternal separation from God's love. It turns out that I have actually become more powerful, proving that it is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. By removing the limiters placed on us, we can increase our strength and become gods of our own. As we grow in power, our bodies change into a higher lifeform, eventually ascending to a higher reality. However, as it turns out, there was a good reason for those limiters. Think about how the human brain and body is set up. They are capable of incredible things, but we don't use 100% of it all at one time. Doing so would over-stimulate and damage us in the long term. It is the same way for mana. Now that the limiters are gone, I am in danger of using more mana than I can control, potentially killing myself or mutate me into some abomination.