1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Behind the name random name generator.

Discussion in 'Writing Resources' started by LeoWolfish, Apr 10, 2014.

1. LeoWolfish

LeoWolfish Scribe

Just as the title says really. Select what you want and generate away. I couldn't find this posted here before so I apologize if it has been already. Also for fun try selecting nothing but the "Hippy" option for the style/origin of the name and see what happens;).

Behind the name random name generator

Lace and Svrtnsse like this.
  2. Snowpoint

Snowpoint Sage

All my names come from here! Or, close enough.

Very convenient when you need names from a specific country of origin.

3. spurt_reynolds

spurt_reynolds Acolyte

Really useful tool. Can't tell you how hard I've found it trying to come up with stuff off the top of my head!

4. Myoho

Myoho Acolyte

Such a cool tool! Thank you for sharing this. Together with an Astrological charts for outlining character personality, a difficult part of writing just became easy!

Myoho

5. KMR

KMR Acolyte

Okay, this is fantabulous. Thanks for sharing.

6. Feo Takahari

Feo Takahari Auror

I tried "Arabic" to see if it could give me a better name for the character I'm currently calling Aisha. First result: A'isha. I guess that's better?

7. Bearman1

Bearman1 Scribe

I've been using this site the past few months to get country specific names. I never realised it had its own generator! Cheers for the link!

8. Eve79

Eve79 New Member

Very cool....thanks!

9. nlough

nlough Troubadour

I've been using a different site when I was in dire need for a name. Fantasy Name Generator But now I might use both. The site mentioned at the beginning of this forum for country specific ones. And site in this post when it doesn't matter all that much. This site gives a bunch of names at once and you can choose from the lot.