• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Blurb Forum

Hey everyone,

I'm nearing the final stages of my book, and I'm down to the last hurdle: the book blurb.

I was wondering if there was a spot people went for feedback on different blurbs (say I write five, I get feedback on the best one). Or even, if the devs would consider a forum thread dedicated strictly to critiquing blurbs.

So say I make a post and include my five different blurbs. People can vote or comment on what they think is best, what would improve it, etc. That way you get an array of feedback from whoever happens to read it. I feel that's more akin to the purpose of a blurb, rather than passing it around to friends or an exclusive writing group.

Let me know your thoughts. I think it'd be a great feature for this site, and not just because that's what I need for myself right now ;)

Could be a good idea. You could for now start a critique request thread to post your blurbs in? Critique requests can be used for anything, not just creative writing. Post as many as you like, and ask for specific or general feedback. Specific is probably better.

I think it would be really helpful. Sometimes it's hard to even know what the selling points of your story are, so you could even start off with rough drafts and receive help on pinpointing the themes of your story that capture people's attention before you spend hours/days polishing a dud. It'd be a nice place to workshop with a wide variety of feedback without bogging other threads down or feel like you're incessantly shouting "hey everyone, read my blurb! Is it good?? Do you like it?? Should I change it??"

Anyway, that's my sales pitch for now, haha. Thanks, Finchbearer, I've got what I think is a pretty good blurb, so I'll probably drop it off in the Critique Requests forum.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I've seen ppl post up blurbs. I would just treat it like another work up for review. Critique Requests, as Finch has already said.