• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Bundles

ALB2012

Maester
I am not sure how many of you know about services such as Bundlerabbit - Basically, it's a free book bundling service where authors upload their work and curators (the person who is organising the bundle) can request said book for the bundle. The bundle is then sold with, say, a dozen books for a price less than the individual titles.
So what's in it for the author?
You find readers who buy the bundles (which are usually themed) and who might not otherwise have read/found your work. You get paid a share of the bundle royalty. It's not a lot - but it is something. And it's great for networking.
What's in it for the reader?
The reader gets a whole pile of books for a bargain price - and takes a chance on reading a new author based on a theme, or because they follow an author in the bundle.

I've been using Bundle Rabbit for over a year, and I love it. I now curate a lot of bundles and pretty much have one a month planned for the next year. I have stories in some but not all. I've found great stories, and made some new friends.

You can't have your book available in Kindle Select or exclusive but otherwise it's fair game. You keep the rights - and the curator can't use the books without your permission. You can get involved with the marketing of bundles on blogs etc but some don't. (I poke all mine to do some).

Beyond uploading your book and waiting for curators to find you there's not much to do if you don't want to curate a bundle. Some bundles run for a limited period and some run until the curator retires them, or they stop selling.

I am always looking for new books to bundle so keep it in mind. Any questions, feel free to ask.

ALB2012

Maester
It's a lot of fun. The royalties work out fairly low but I consider it a royalty I might not have had otherwise.