• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Completely free fantasy world generator plus much more.

Reaver

Staff
Greetings Scribes! Your ol' Mod pal Reaver here... If you're looking for a place where you can generate maps of all types, fantasy population demographics, fantasy names, fantasy calendars and a heck of a lot more, then check out this cool website. It's completely free ( you can donate to keep the site going if you want but it's not required) and very useful. It's also great if you play D&D or any other d20 types of games like I do.

So if you have the chance, check it out. You might like it.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
It's now on mine, too. Coulda sworn I already had it, but it isn't there in my Labyrinth of Bookmarks. Is now though!

Righmath

Troubadour
Just to add to this, for me the 'fantasy names' generator didn't really slot into my world; so I've compiled a list of Elven names which you can just 'paste' into the name generator! Perhaps this can provide some creative inspiration for your worlds.

Galadriel
Fëanor
Legolas
Arwen
Elrond
Thranduil
Lúthien
Gil-galad
Aegnor
Amdír
Amroth
Celeborn
Denethor
Duilin
Gwindor
Haldir
Maglor

1. Fantasy World Generator
This tool makes it incredibly easy to create a completely unique fantasy world! Just give it some details about what kind of world you would like to build, and then click start. From there, just choose a theme and begin customizing your beautiful world! You can even add things like mountains, lakes, rivers, dungeons, caves, creatures, weapons, armors, jewelry, etc. All of these options make building a fantasy world quick and easy! If you're looking for something special to put in your game, try making your own character! Customize everything from their appearance to their personality and traits! Build anything you want, and share your creations with others!
2. Dungeon Builder
Build your own dungeon and invite friends to explore it together. Create your own map and decide where players go, or let them wander around freely. Choose rooms randomly to place down traps and monsters, or have them spawn automatically when they enter certain conditions. Use items to build a room's layout, and customize its terrain with different types of materials. Once you've built it how you'd like, share it with someone else to play!
3. Character Creator
Create a monster, a hero, or a creature of any type without having to use any templates. Make your creature look exactly how you want, pick its face, eyes, skin color, hair color, gender, and clothing style. Add accessories and choose from many different parts to personalize your character further. Then write out a backstory for your creature, and finally name it! Share your creation with others, or save it for future use to show off your work later!

Krizzirk

Minstrel
I'm going to put this in good use! Thanks for sharing.
Those character names essentially rhyme and sound like essence of Lord of the Ring