• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Dragon Fights

BJ Swabb

Sage
Hey everyone, so I am about to write up a scene of two dragons facing each other in combat. Both are in their dragon forms. One of the dragons is a pretty common western red dragon much that looks simular to Dragon on Shrek. Short neck, and such. She also can breath fire. The other dragon is another kind of western dragon only he is longer, with a long neck, large wings, and can breath out electricity from his mouth. Any suggestions on how to write out the fighting scene between the two. They are in a large dwarven throne room like chamber underground with large scattered pillars if that help.

BJ Swabb

Sage
Have you ever seen two crocodiles fights? Or lizards? I expect it would be…thrashy, but with fire of course, if they are indeed the fire breathing variety.
Apparently you didn't read the thread right. I explained the dragons and such. I want to know what you would do for the scene. Maybe write out a quick example of what you would write for the two dragons.

I’m not going to literally write a dragon fighting scene for you…

If you wanted the thread to be writing examples you should have maybe been explicit in asking.

Queshire

Istar
Problem with giving an example is that I'm pretty sure my dragons would work very differently than yours. =/

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well....

First, I go on top of the mountain and beat my chest with my fist, showing that the gold scales are hard an impenetrable. Then I throw my head back and send gouts of fire into the air, showing that my flame is hotter and has better reach than his. If the young upstart still has not gotten the message, I spread out my wings showing how large I am, and that he better think twice. If all that does not work, we fly around and wrestle until I pin him to the ground and show dominance by not letting him up and making it clear I could bite his head.

But, none of this matters, cause dragon scales cant really be scratched and they are immune to fire. But sometimes you gotto let a boy know.

And of course, if she's female, all that is just courting.

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
It would be an epic battle of godly proportions. In the end, there can only be one.

cat-fight.gif

K.S. Crooks

Maester
Start with the end result- which dragon wins and what is the damage taken. Then work your way backwards, thinking about the order of each wound and how they came about for each dragon. If your dragons speak then add appropriate dialogue. Finally, consider all the damage to the surroundings. Think of the fight like a dance.

ShadeZ

Maester
Hey everyone, so I am about to write up a scene of two dragons facing each other in combat. Both are in their dragon forms. One of the dragons is a pretty common western red dragon much that looks simular to Dragon on Shrek. Short neck, and such. She also can breath fire. The other dragon is another kind of western dragon only he is longer, with a long neck, large wings, and can breath out electricity from his mouth. Any suggestions on how to write out the fighting scene between the two. They are in a large dwarven throne room like chamber underground with large scattered pillars if that help.
Well in mine females are more serpentine while males are more lizard like. As a result, the females will use their full body to constrict and hold down part or all of their opponents. When two females fight it is simalar to a giant arm wrestling match.