• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Elves and Lizardmen

SeverinR

Vala
Traditionally:
High elves, wood elves, wild elves(basically elven indians), Gray elves(high inteligent elves that tend to stay amongst themselves.) Drow or Dark elves, Elves of the north pole(Santa's slaves),

I use this for the basis of elves in my world. But make the elves yours, not the traditional definition.

Aravelle

Sage
If you're after traditional elves, that's pretty much all there is. Warcraft has blood elves, but they're just high (light) elves. Aside from that, yeah, it's only light, dark and wood elves. Although there's nothing stopping you from doing, say, water elves.

Lizardmen come up a fair bit. There's a few in ancient mythology (naga and gorgons come to mind), though typically they look like dragon-esque humanoids.

Duuuuude. Aqua elves? I love it. If no one takes that idea, I gladly would. ;_;

Jabrosky

Banned
About the lizardmen...I was listening to the Survivor: Marquesas theme a short moment ago, and for some reason it inspired in me the idea of Polynesian-flavored lizardpeople. They would have swirling black stripes and brilliant Kamehameha-esque crests running down their necks.

Sorry, my imagination farted.

Caliburn

Hey that's pretty cool Jabrosky. They should be able to surf ;)

I tend to be a fan of the whole stone-age "troglodyte" thing for lizard dudes. I'm especially fond of the Viashino from the plane of Jund in Magic: The Gathering; they are more like killer-crocs.

SeverinR

Vala
How about amphibian elves? Live in or out of water. A little easier for land humanoids to meet and greet.

Look at the gills on that one!