Hey all, I am doing a small project, mostly conceptual, about the effects that the visual and auditory surroundings may have on the writing process. So if anyone has the time it would be great to get some answers to some the following questions:
- What, if any, environment do you personally consider to be the most conducive to your writing?
- Do you think listening to music is useful when writing?
- Do you think any other kind of sound is useful when writing? (such as having a movie play in the background, or the chatter of people in a café etc.)
- Do you ever take inspiration, or become motivated, but visual elements during the writing process?
- Do you consider the interface of your writing software to have any effect on your writing?
- Do you think having a fitting environment to your writing subject is useful? (listening to western music while writing about cowboys, or having the lights turned off while writing a scary story etc.)