Saariston
New Member
Looking at most of fantasy, it seems to be set well in the past, with little work set in modern day or modern life, seemingly very few are willing to pick up on the challenge as let's be real, don quixote would be quite boring with a cellphone, and maybe a little bit too "relatable" for many wanting to read, even with mythological or fantasy elements, there are movies but it is not the same I would argue, as the whimsy of having medieval hierachies, bloodlines, round table dramas, horrid creatures and mythology is just a little too interesting to pass up, a novel in such setting trying to imitate anything with those elements would pretty much end up failing as we live a little too close to the times of what we're reading to like to imagine, myself I remember in gymnasium reading a fantasy novel set in a first person view, I remember thinking it was to excruciating boring that I failed the test.
Archmage
Istar
Myth Weaver
Scribe