• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

First Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occassus

Dreamer
Alright, this is the rough draft of the prologue for the story I'm writing. It's based off of my last D&D campaign that I ran, and although I remember the story itself, putting into a book-worthy read is coming as hard to me as I expected. Please give me all your thoughts, and do not hold back. Thansk in advance!!

Prologue:
Nostri

There was a pact made 1000 years ago; a secret deal between the leaders of the three most infamous groups of Darksiders in Nostri’s existence.
Kor, the lycanthropic monster, ruled over all the wolf hybrids in the land. He was the strongest and most feared among his people, and through that fear, he obtained the respect of demon-kind. On his deathbed, he swore to them one favor from himself (short of suicide), if he were to be given eternal life. It was granted to him by a powerful demon known as the Nameless One.
Then there was Katrina, of the vampires. Before the pact, there was an all-out war between the northern and southern covens. The battle was waged for many years over who could be crowned the racial monarch. Katrina’s father was leading the southern armies through the desert lands known as Creet . Although she marched with her father, her heart was heavy, knowing that she would always be second to her father. As soon as their army reached the northern border of Creet, she chopped off his head in front of both armies.
In the confusion created by this seemingly unwarranted act, the southern army was quickly overrun by their enemies. Katrina herself moved through the sea of undead with ease, cleaving her way to the center, where the mountain-lord Varsus was calling out orders. In the midst of bodies and fire, she called Varsus out in one-on-one combat, with the winner having the honor of the crown.
Varsus accepted, thinking of this as an easy victory in an unneeded war. However, he underestimated Katrina’s training and skill, and lost his head by her hand. With the fall of the mountain-king, she easily took control of the entire race. As Queen she’s ruled with a deadly and short-tempered fist since then.
The last of these Darksider rulers was the Nameless One. After granting Kor eternal life, and watching as the vampire empire began anew under Katrina, he saw an opportunity. He traveled to the Primal plane and again visited Kor, this time calling in his favor. Kor was to go to Katrina and bring her to the temple of the Nameless One along the southern coastline, inside the deadlands of Zyketh .
Kor agreed, and set out to the hidden castle of the vampire monarch. Being the lycanthropes leader has its advantages, and he was able to find the hidden castle relatively quickly. He was met at first with the gnashing teeth of the gate guards, but he stood his ground and demanded to meet Katrina, leader to leader. She was told of his presence and greeted him at her door, smiling with the charisma of a hundred lived years. He walked with her in her garden of bone-trees, and presented the request of the Nameless One. She was, of course, interested in why this demon of demons would want to speak with them, and so she agreed.
Together they traveled to the temple, and were met by the Nameless One in the form of an old man. He pulled out a contract, and explained the deal. The idea was to break the world of its connection to the divine, thereby allowing the demons to roam free, conquering another realm. If Katrina and Kor were to share their resources and their hold on the primal plane, he would in turn share the planet once their rule was in place.
Kor and Katrina both without hesitation signed the contract, and the deal was struck. They had begun the end of Nostri.

Chilari

Staff
Hi Occassus, and welcome to Mythic Scribes. We actually have a forum section for feedback on stories, called the Showcase. You won't be able to see or post in the subforum until you have five posts (this is to prevent spam and protect writers). So join in some discussions, intoroduce yourself with a new thread in the Introductions forum under "Community" and then once you've got five posts try posting this again in Showcase (note: after you've got five posts it might take a few hours to open the Showcase to you as the system updates itself).

Occassus

Dreamer
Thanks for the info! Sorry if I caused any confusion :p Should I go ahead and delete this from here or what?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Throw yourself on the Mercy of Black Dragon and hope for forgiveness!!!!!:p
Hail and well met Occassus...

Chilari

Staff
Thanks for the info! Sorry if I caused any confusion :p Should I go ahead and delete this from here or what?

I'll lock the thread and it'll disappear through age soon enough. We don't tend to delete here, and anyway, you want these two posts to count towards your five post goal, right? Now go create an intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.