• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

G.O.T. filming in LA?

SeverinR

Vala
I just realized four out of five of my favorite GOT characters:
1.Arya Stark
2.the imp Tyrion Lanister.
3. Dragon mama-Daenerys Targaryen
4.Ygritte(the mouthy Northlander)
5.Margaery Baratheon (The best up and coming politician in Kings landing)

SeverinR

Vala
Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
They deserve those awards!

I love the powerful women of GoT…

Game-Of-Thrones-Season-3_-_The-Beast_-Preview-0584.jpg

My wife and I were rooting for Brienne when she fought Jamie. He surprised me not only because he lost to the Beast, but because he was very good to her when they were captured. I haven't read the books, so the development of these to characters is fun to see unfolding.

dany-dragon.jpg

Dany, I predicted. At least the part about the dragon and the guy who kept calling her a western whore. Slaughtering slave-masters and having the Unsullied fight for her as free men… awesome! She's a good woman, but don't get on her bad side!

Nihal

Vala
(So.. I'm being forced to write some filling here so the spoiler below won't appear on the terrible activity stream. Ugh, the preview simply ignores the spoiler tags!)

I really, really loved this part of the books. Dany was clever by doing this and finally showed some guts here. It's different from being pushed to do this or that, like with her brother, this time she decided to act, and acted intelligently.

I was all "squeee" during this episode, finally got to see some of the key things that happened in this book.

Last edited:

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I haven't read the books, so the development of these to characters is fun to see unfolding.

I've read the books (and attendant short stories) but have seen only season one of the television series.

Legend: a word of warning - remove all breakables from your vicinity before watching the 'wedding' episodes. You might want to gag yourself as well, lest your language tick off the wife.

Then again, they might have showed one already...

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I've read the books (and attendant short stories) but have seen only season one of the television series.

Legend: a word of warning - remove all breakables from your vicinity before watching the 'wedding' episodes. You might want to gag yourself as well, lest your language tick off the wife.

Then again, they might have showed one already...
I think they've toned down the show in terms of nudity this season—I'm assuming one of the gag-worthy wedding episodes is from season 2, and you're saying the nude scene is gag-worthy, not the gore (season 1 wedding)?

Anyway, I watch the show with my wife, so any time they show nudity whether male or female there is commentary. I'll spare you specifics, and just say the laughs I get from my wife more than make up for the visuals.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I think they've toned down the show in terms of nudity this season—I'm assuming one of the gag-worthy wedding episodes is from season 2, and you're saying the nude scene is gag-worthy, not the gore (season 1 wedding)?

Anyway, I watch the show with my wife, so any time they show nudity whether male or female there is commentary. I'll spare you specifics, and just say the laughs I get from my wife more than make up for the visuals.

LS...My earlier advice stands.

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Well, last night's episode makes me think I interpreted the nature of your warning correctly. I consider myself warned.

While the topic of nudity has come up (I think not by me, but I may be wrong), Brienne was cute. "Get in another tub!"

Nihal

Vala
Well, last night's episode makes me think I interpreted the nature of your warning correctly. I consider myself warned.

While the topic of nudity has come up (I think not by me, but I may be wrong), Brienne was cute. "Get in another tub!"

It's spoiler-related. We cannot explain the nature of his warning without disclosing some things. ;x

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Basically, from this point on, make sure you have baby-adult-proofed your TV room. No food, drinks, remote controls, cups, decorations on the corner tables, corner tables, coffee tables, two-handed swords hanging on the wall, shurikens, babies, wives, and friends.

Also, wear a helmet and put on oversized boxing gloves.

I think I've covered all possibilities.

You will question yourself, and all that you believe in. You will want to drink, heavily, or possibly scream at the television. You will watch everything you know be torn asunder.

And you will go on. Because you must go on.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Now I'm hoping this horrifying wedding happens tonight. No matter how much it sounds like it's the last thing I'll want to see, there's no avoiding this fate.

I'll make sure there aren't any needles I can jab my eyes with. Hot tea splashed in face? Yeah… I always have hot tea, though it eventually cools. Just in case, I'll pick a flavor I like too much so I don't waste the tea. Maybe break out the peach blossom if anyone is certain it's tonight. Feel free to post a warning between 10 & 11 EST if you're online after the 9 PM showing. I always watch the 11 PM showing because that's the time the kids don't wake up—at least not the ones old enough to walk downstairs and witness a sex scene/violence/both.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
LS...no spoilers, but its the June 2nd episode (and maybe the one after that).

This from a spoiler free wiki site.

Also, it is 'weddings', plural, not 'wedding', singular. They might hold the one off till next season, which is a bit of a shame...but it might take that long for your blood pressure to return to normal anyhow...

I also think I can say this much without giving anything away:

After the weddings, things get seriously weird.

SeverinR

Vala
I looked at sites claiming to show episodes of GOT but I think all are scams.
I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, but I mention season 2 wedding below, most have probably seen it.

Maybe I will force myself to read it, rather then wait?

Season 2 wedding (Stark) was pretty bland, but they are from the rational family and more along the line of an elopement.

Last edited: