• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Games with a Long 19th Century setting or inspiration

Gurkhal

Auror
This is a thread to share games, and playing them, with a 19th century or very early 20th century setting and inspiration. I'll start with two that might be worth keeping and eye on and a further recommendation for a game that I personally have enjoyed a great deal.

And finally my recommendation.

If I you like tactical battles, light management and the history of the American Civil War I can recommend Ultimate General: Civil War. I will admitt that I haven't actually finished a full campaign but I've had much enjoyment in playing it. What I like the most is that if allows you to test various tactics and strategies by both leading your troops in real time in a solid engine and also equip them as you like with various kinds of weapons combined with traits for units as they gain experience.

Ultimate General: Civil War on Steam

_Michael_

Troubadour
Off the top of my head, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate comes to mind. Was a jolt to be walking along in the city going, "Damn this looks familiar, wtf?" only to realize moments later that I was literally standing on the steps of the church where the Mary Poppins' Feed the Birds scene was filmed. Had to Bing it to compare, and damn--near-perfect down to the parquet tiles and columns.