• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ghostwriting

Devora

Sage
I've been considering for quite some time the idea of selling my writing ability to other via Ghostwriting.

How does one become a Ghostwriter, and must they do to become one?

I hesitate to suggest it, but you might try the site elance.com. Clients post summaries of their jobs. You submit a quote and a deadline, alongside everyone else interested in the job. As you might expect, bidders with more experience and better credentials tend to get most of the jobs.

Be prepared to do a lot of searching. There are several categories of writing jobs, and the clients often assign the wrong categories to their jobs. Occasionally someone posts a ghostwriting job.

The reason I hesitate to suggest eLance is because I tried to supplement my income by doing writing work. After a long time I got one contract, and I had a poor experience with the client. You may have better luck.

Last edited:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I've made a few thousand dollars on Elance over the past couple of years, and have had mostly good experiences. Some of it was technical writing, some legal, and a couple of ghostwriting jobs. Just watch what you're bidding on and stay away from people who seem to be looking for work done at the lowest possible price.