• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Good Evening Gentlemen (and Ladies!)

SineNomine

Minstrel
Figured it would be wise to make a simple introduction.

My name is Caleb and I am not a writer. A long, long time ago (Ok, not that long...) I once fancied writing creatively, back when I was in school, but like so many other things in my life I let that dream wither and fade rather than actually dedicate myself to working on and cultivating it because it is so much easier to be a never-tried instead of a failure. However, a recent bout with sickness left me nearly completely bed-ridden and needing something to do inevitably rekindled, verb choice intentional, a passionate love of speculative fiction, particularly fantasy, that I had thought I had outgrown. My imagination and sense of wonder, perhaps a bit rusty and neglected from lack of use, was no worse for wear and before I could stop myself I had a few ideas flubbering around inside my skull, resisting all efforts to exorcise, the most prominent of which I found myself thinking about constantly when free time was to be had.

And thus I found myself slowly starting to research writing. I am still completely unsure if this idea will ever see the inside of a word processor, much less paper. I am so out of practice writing, it's been YEARS since I have even tried, that even if my ideas were golden, they would be sloppily executed in a way that could never do them justice. It's been a fear of letting them down that so far has left me merely contemplating them rather than actually trying to get them down, but it hasn't been for nothing. Even just thinking about my story concept, laying in bed or sitting at the computer desk and quietly considering the world, the characters, the events that might happen, has been entertaining on it's own. And other time spent checking out and reading various books on writing fiction from the library, researching the interactions between authors, agents, editors, and publishers, all of it has been enlightening in a novel (heh) way. I may never actually take the steps to become a writer, but gosh darn it, learning is fun, and this entire experience has broadened my horizons, even if by only a bit.

I can't say how long I will be here, or how active I will be, or even if I will be worth communicating with, but it's good to get to know each other, and I hope you won't mind one more set of eyes intruding upon your world for a time.

Xaysai

Inkling
SineNomine,

Sorry to head you are bed-ridden : (

But I'm glad to see you've joined us!

I've just returned to writing after a 17 year absence, and I've learned so much here at Mythic Scribes. It's a fantastic community, and the more I learn, the more I want to write and use the new things I've learned!

SineNomine

Minstrel
Thank you everyone who is welcoming me

I've just returned to writing after a 17 year absence, and I've learned so much here at Mythic Scribes. It's a fantastic community, and the more I learn, the more I want to write and use the new things I've learned!

I can only hope that I catch the same bug you have, friend.