• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Great website focused on psychology

Weaver

Sage
I prefer to get my ideas concerning characters and archetypes a bit less directly, but still, this looks like a good resource for a lot of things. I find that far too much fiction throws around (and uses in characterization) psychological terms and whatnot with no clue as to what they actually mean, and if I can spot the errors, I'm sure many other readers can, too.

And by the way -- Huzzah! for the use of Jungian psychology instead of, say, Freudian. Annoys me no end when a shrink in fiction goes all Freudian at someone. Do not the writers of said fiction know that Freud has been disproven? No one studying psychology in the last decade or more even looks at Freud except in a historical context. All psychology is kinda 'squishy' as far as it being a science, and no one's theories work for everything, but at least Jung's theories work for what they're supposed to cover.

(Tirade ended now. I'm not supposed to have an opinion about this, either, as my university degree is in art education. Nevertheless, I believe that writers need to know a little bit about everything, not just whatever they formally studied to get a day job.)