• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Green Lantern Screenwriter to write Blade Runner 2

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
If its anywhere as good as the Alien prequel - then that will be another part of my childhood ruined...

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Blade Runner 2
Feel free to post here about how bad this is going to suck
biggrin.png

This^ is all you need to say. That Bladerunner will have a sequel at all can't be a good thing.

As for the Alien prequel, I haven't seen it. Is it worse than Alien "Let's Kill Off the Endearing Characters Who Survived Aliens During the Opening Credits in a Way That Doesn't Make Sense" 3? Anything Alien-related since that can't possibly ruin my childhood.

Alien 3 is worse than Star Wars I, I dare say. At least with Star Wars I, you had the CGI muppet's uvula-wiggle in Star Wars VI to warn you that the franchise was ruined, if Greedo shooting first didn't already tell you that.

So... what can kill Bladerunner 2? CGI, for one thing. Something about that 80's make-up made the replicants like living dolls. I'm assuming special effects are going to crush story (or make the story explode in a dazzlingly brilliant burst of computer-generated flames)... that, or there won't be a story to crush.

Also, an ending that leaves an opening for Bladrunner 3.​

kayd_mon

Sage
Why not just do a remake? The fans would hate that just as much (and likely boycott it), but you would probably convince younger viewers who have never seen the original to go see it. A sequel is completely stupid.